Qualifications and skills:
- Must be a member of OPIRG Guelph
- Who qualifies as a member of OPIRG Guelph?
- If you are a student at UoG and you did NOT opt out of the OPIRG Guelph fee when paying tuition for this semester, you are a member of OPIRG Guelph
- If you are a community member who has paid our $5-$25 sliding scale fee to OPIRG for this year, you are a member
- If you want to become a member in order to apply, please contact Mandy at firstname.lastname@example.org, it’s a pretty easy process!
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- General knowledge of OPIRG Guelph’s mandate and programs
- Time management and work organization skills
- Ability to take initiative in completing tasks
- Great attention to detail
- Aptitude for understanding and interpreting complex documents
- Experience promoting events
- Willingness to ask for assistance when needed
- Participation in an OPIRG Guelph or similar anti-oppression training, an asset
- Must be available for interviews on March 5th, 2021
- Must be available to start on March 8th, 2021
- Must be available for OPIRG’s AGM on March 29th, 2021
OPIRG Guelph welcomes the contributions that individuals from marginalized communities bring to our organization, and invites Indigenous people, people of colour, poor and working class people and those on social assistance, women, LGBTQI2S+ people; single parents, members of ethnic minorities, immigrants, people from non-academic backgrounds and people with disabilities to apply.
We encourage applicants to describe the contributions and experiences they would bring to the OPIRG Guelph in their cover letter. All applicants are asked for a brief statement on their views of power and oppression.
How to apply:
Send a copy of your resume, cover letter and brief statement on power and oppression to: email@example.com
Only PDF or Word documents will be accepted
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.