Are you interested in supporting social and environmental justice work on campus and in the community? OPIRG Guelph is looking for students and community members to join our Board!
What are the OPIRG Board Elections/Nominations?
- As a non-profit organization OPIRG is directed by a group of student and community Board members. These members are democratically elected and serve as the main decision-making body for the organization. It’s a super important role!
- In order to be elected to the Board, candidates need to complete the attached nomination/application form and return it no later than March 18th at Midnight.
- All candidates will also be asked to complete a “Candidate Profile” that will be posted on the OPIRG website so student and community members can learn about the candidates.
How to apply/get nominated for the Board?
- Print off the attached Nomination Form.
- Fill out the required personal information and sign the pledge on the back to uphold our mandate.
- Get the form signed by 5 OPIRG members (most full-time undergrad and grad students are members).
- Return the form either in person to our OPIRG office (24 Trent lane, behind Creelman Hall on campus) or scan it and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than midnight on March 18th 2019.
- Once you have submitted your nomination you will be asked to answer a few questions for your “Candidate Profile”. Your answers can be submitted to email@example.com
OPIRG Guelph welcomes the contributions that individuals from marginalized communities bring to our organization, and invites Indigenous people, people of colour, poor and working class people and those on social assistance, women, LGBTQI2S+ people; single parents, members of ethnic minorities, immigrants, people from non-academic backgrounds and people with disabilities to apply.
- 3-4 Student Seats (2-Year Term)
- 1 Community Seat (2-Year Term)
- 18 March: Nomination Deadline!
- 19 March: Candidates’ Meeting!
- 25 March: Vote and AGM!
Nomination Form and Info About Being on the Board