Qualifications and skills:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- General knowledge of OPIRG Guelph’s mandate and programs
- Time management and work organization skills
- Ability to take initiative in completing tasks
- Great attention to detail
- Aptitude for understanding and interpreting complex documents
- Experience promoting events on campus
- Willingness to ask for assistance when needed
- Participation in an OPIRG Guelph or similar anti-oppression training, an asset
- Some availability during our office hours Monday to Thursday 10:30 AM to 4:30 PM
- Must be available for interviews on March 4th or March 5th 2019
- Must be available to start on March 7th 2019
- Must be available for elections on March 25th 2019
OPIRG Guelph welcomes the contributions that individuals from marginalized communities bring to our organization, and invites Indigenous people, people of colour, poor and working class people and those on social assistance, women, LGBTQI2S+ people; single parents, members of ethnic minorities, immigrants, people from non-academic backgrounds and people with disabilities to apply.
We encourage applicants to describe the contributions and experiences they would bring to the OPIRG Guelph in their cover letter. All applicants are asked for a brief statement on their views of power and oppression. We regret that our office is not currently wheelchair accessible.
How to apply:
Send a copy of your resume, cover letter and brief statement on power and oppression to: email@example.com
Only PDF or Word documents will be accepted
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.